Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trusting the Lord!

Do you trust the Lord with everything? Think before you answer? Do you, blog reader, TRUST, the Lord, your Father, with EVERYTHING?

My first response to this answer for myself is yes, I do trust the Lord with everything. If I do then, why do I find myself many times worrying about this, that and the other? I mainly find myself worrying about financial stuff. Is God going to provide? Lord, I pray that you will provide! Lord, you know what is ahead, please provide!

Now, if I truly trusted God I would not worry about this, right? Jennifer and I are good stewards of our money. The only debt that we have is the house, one car, and Jennifer's student loans. If we use a credit card for a purchase it is paid in full when it is due. Other than that it is the normal utilities, day to day stuff, etc and we do not just spend to spend. We do tithe which is first, a commandment of God, but it is also something that we believe in and know that God honors.

Each time I start to worry I make myself remember all the things that God has provided for in the past and know that He is not going to forsake me now. That He does know our EVERY need and if he takes care of the birds of the air then I know he will take care of me.

So blog readers, I say to you what I have to say to myself many times, "Trust the Lord your God with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths!"

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yup... totally on the same page.

Unknown said...

I do try, I really do.