Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Florida Air...

So, I went to my birth city this past weekend. Perry, FL. The reason for my trip is as follows:

My birth Father, Edward, is dying of Cancer. The cancer is known as Brain Metastasis or Metastatic Disease. You can follow this link: "http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/338239-overview" to read more about it. He has obviously had this for a while and didn't know it but it took a major blow to him about the end of October when he couldn't get up one morning and walk. That is when they took him to the doctor and they ran tests and scans and diagonosed him with Brain Metastasis. The thing it though, it effects all of your body. It is from his brain all the way down to his legs.

I have never had a relationship with my birth father but I have always had a close relationship with my Granny, which is his Mother. I went to spend some time with my Granny because she needed some family around her and to see my birth father because one of his wishes was to see his two Sons before he dies. (this is my Granny's only child).

Though I have never had a relationship with him, I love and respect my Granny enough to grant him his wish. Plus, there has never been any hard feelings, grudges or bitterness toward him because I never knew him. It was just like visiting someone you just met.

The doctors have only given him about 8 months to live. Granny has been running crazy dealing with doctors and everything else that goes with it. We had a wonderful visit and I know she was glad that I came down.

Remember my Granny in your prayers as well as Edward. And to my cousin in Tally...I hate I couldn't stop by for a visit but I know you understand. Next time for sure. Even if it is just for lunch as I pass by the exit.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh I understand. Don't worry about it. I think that is so sad. Poor Edward. And poor Pearl. I can't imagine watching one of my kids die.