Thursday, January 29, 2009

I fought the law...

...and the law won!

What do you get when you are driving 51mph in a 35mph zone? Give Up? A ticket!!! To the lovely(ha!) sound of $206.00!

Yup! You read correct! While driving home yesterday from Florida I got off the interstate at exit 130 which connects me to Hwy. 231. I was driving through Marianna, FL, with the "flow of traffic" I might add, and I never even saw him until he was behind me.

I can't be mad at him, but I want to be. It is my fault but it disgusts me to no end to think that I have to spend money on a ticket.

So, your question to me probably is, "Have I learned my lesson?" The answer would have to be...YES!!! I will be driving the speed limit. I cannot afford to pay tickets!

My question to you though: "What is the most that you have had to pay for a ticket?"

5 comments:

Jennifer Crawley said...

welcome home! :)
i got a ticket last year in hueytown -- 41 in a 25. the cop said that he agreed that 25 was much too slow, so he was only giving tickets for being over 40 ... come on! I was 1 over!? give me a break!

Unknown said...

I have to laugh..I know where that road is because I use to teach in Marianna and I have lived in Dothan. I have not gotten a speeding ticket but got a warning years ago when I was going 60 in a construction zone..

Nicole said...

I've never gotten a ticket, and I drive a Mustang! (Knock on wood)...But thanks to my wonderful mother, I have a handy, dandy device, called a radar detector that alerts me when there's a cop nearby! Thank goodness, cause driving a Mustang makes you forget about speed limits!

Valerie said...

You may speed again when Jennifer is in labor...I know Alex did with Ariana (while I was saying "I'm trying to hold her in!!!!!!!" HA!)

Nicole said...

I have had my share of tickets... in fact I have one due on Feb 13th. My first ticket I was clocked doing 105mph in a 60 or 70 zone. I was all the way to NC for Staci's wedding. I think that ticket cost me nearly $300. I almost had to drive back to north Georgia to appear in court!!!! The officer threatend to arrest me that night! I have gotten out of several tickets... SEVERAL! I also spent 8 hours in driving school b/c I was about to get my license taken away but my mom knew somebody and they arranged for driving school.

BUT after this last ticket I have definitely slowed down... waaay down!