Monday, August 4, 2008

Poll Question:

I am conducting a Poll. Here is my question. Please answer by leaving a comment.

Question: Would you vote or not vote for someone just because of their religion?

The reason why I ask is because I attend Christ Chruch. (this is pentacostal). For the monthly newsletter that is distributed here I put "Christ Church" only but they printed Church of Christ. Even though, while campaigning door to door, the info I hand to you has Christ Chruch.


So, would you base your vote on what religion someone is?

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Depends on the office the person is running for...presidential elections, yes, religion would sway my vote depending on what religion it is. District council...no, you would not be making decisions to run our country.

Myra said...

As long as a person believes that this country was founded on the Word of God and that Jesus Christ was born, lived here, died and rose from the dead to pay for our sins. I woule base my vote on what a person believes and not what denomination of churches he/she belonged to.

Mom said...

Yes, there are some religions I would not want in a public office.
But that's religion as a whole, not seperate denominations within one idea...such as Christianity has.
So it is the basic belief system that I look for, not the particulars of each denomination.

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Knotty Woodworker said...

Most definitely. I thoroughly believe our actions are based upon Who we believe God is, Jesus is, our view of the Bible, etc. A person's moral compass is directly related to their view of God. Their moral compass is directly responsible for the votes they cast or laws they will pass or veto.