Friday, August 29, 2008

Whirl Wind

So, as already stated and shown in the papers...I WON!!!

It was by two votes but here is what I know: Two votes is two votes and winning by only two votes keeps me humble because it could have easily been the other way around!

Now that I have won you would think that I and everyone else can breathe a big sigh of relief, but we can't.

The following link tells a glimps of what is going on:
http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/news/1219911348110670.xml&coll=2

More information on this matter is the following:

For the past 13yrs the City has not been submitting the correct annexations and census reports to the Justice Department. Because of this, if nothing is resolved then come Novemember 1st, the current council and mayor will continue on with business as usual; like the article says.

All in all I am not stressing over anything. I got out there and ran a campaigne and won the voters favor. I know our City Attorney is working hard at getting the Justice Department to reconsider and approve everything.

Once again Ladies and Gentlemen this is why I wanted to sit on the Council was to fix things such as this. Because this matter has been happening for 13yrs.

I am SO glad it is a 3 day weekend! I decided not to go to Florida because I am wore-out and want to stay around the house this weekend. Also, the wife has a tournament this weekend and I have yet to see them play since I have been so busy so I will also be taking some time to go and support her. Yea, I know, how sweet!!! Just kidding!!!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

This is all so ridiculous. Alex's dad, who is here from Germany, can't understand why we, as an American people, can be so petty. We are fighting wars in Iraq to create peace, when a discrimination/racist war still continues over here. We can't help where different races live and how many are in one area. The idea of having equal count is ridiculous. It is all just silly. I think since we are on the subject we should have equal representation of hispanics too....oh and how about the Germans! There is not equal representation of them in our area.....we are protesting! (:

Mom said...

Oh I love what Valerie has said here!