Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1 down 1 to go...

I had one of my Political Election forums today. It was hosted by the Chamber of Commerce. I do currently serve as President for the Chamber but I had one of my Board Members run the luncheon so I could come "just" as a candidate for council.

I feel that it went really well. We each had 2 minutes to state our platform. I believe I had atleast 15 seconds left.

Our next Forum will be on the 19th at the High School. That one will also be 2 minutes long for each city council candidate with the mayor candidates getting a little more time.

I really hope the citizens of Calera come out to educate themselves on each candidate.

Well, it's quiting time here at the office. It is raining outside so I will not be campaigning, but that doesn't mean there is nothing to do.

1 comment:

Mom said...

When that baby gets here, you will wonder what in the world did you do with all your time.....