Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Was yesterday Monday?

I heard on the news this morning that there is 80 something days until....you know what...I DON'T want to say it!!! But there is ONLY 80 something days until that day.

Yesterday was a crazy day and a day I wish could start all over and be changed.

This month marks one year ago when we purchased the Explorer that we own. It is an '04 and we bought it from a used car lot from someone that I would still go back to and purchase another vehicle. Anyways, I got in it yesterday morning to leave for work, backed out of the driveway, got ALMOST to the stop sign at the end of my street and I heard this noise. I looked in my rearview mirror thinking there is a car behind me making alot of noise but I didn't see anything. When I pushed the gas peddle the truck started shaking and making a louder noise...then it QUIT!!!

Once it quit it didn't start again. NO IDEA what it was??? I called a tow truck, called work and told them I would be late, etc. etc. etc.

After a few hours of waiting I got the call from the mechanic and the verdict is...A NEW ENGINE!!! I KNOW!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!! He said that the current engine "dropped a valve" and of course when it dropped a valve it went tearing through the engine and messed everything else up...hence the load noise and vibration I felt.

I asked him could this have been prevented or was something missed? He said no. These things happen. He has even seen new ones come in that dropped a valve that only had a few thousand miles on them. (other machanic's also confirmed this). (doesn't make one feel any better though!).

Needles to say that the truck is still sitting at the mechanic. He told me the price, labor, parts and all and I of course wanted to cry. Do you want to know??? You will cry with me if you found out!!! We still owe on the vehicle and of course I told them I would consider trading it in if they would give me payoff for it I would just sell it to them and we would find something else. I will find out this morning about that. But after MUCH prayer and MUCH pondering I think I will just let them put another engine in there and we will keep it or try to sell it ourselves with the new engine in it.

The one that they will put in there comes out of an '07 explorer and it only has 2,600 miles on it. Then they are going to give a 12,000 or 12 month warrenty on that engine. I have searched around and the price they are charging for everything is VERY reasonable. Oh, and the price...$4,100.00....but....because we take our cars there for service as well as everyone I work with, they are going to only charge me $3,600.00/plus tax.

As I talked to my Bride last night I told her that "LOVE IS ALL WE NEED!!!" Basicly because that is ALL we have right now. HA!

All day yesterday I can honestly say that I have not been worried about the way God is going to take care of this. I have hated dealing with the headach of it all and I really CANNOT stand car problems because they can become PRICY and they are such a headache to deal with. Our Father owns the "cattle on a thousand hills" and he can have them all sold and the engine paid for.

Thank you Father that You know the plans you have for me!!! Thank you that you are going to provide everything that we need for all of our days to come!

There you go blogger world...This was my Monday and this is why I would have liked for it to start all over again and turn out differently!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your attitude over this. You are definitely growing in your walk....that pleases me, imagine how it is pleasing to your FATHER!

Valerie said...

I am so sorry about what happened and very glad that you still got Jennifer something for her birthday. I know it was hard on the budget but I also know it meant something to her.