Thursday, October 4, 2007

Birthday!

Today is my Wife's birthday. She is 27. Her present from me was a mini-fridge that will fit under her desk at work where she can keep some snacks that need to stay cold and her favorite drink...Dr. Pepper! (this was something she requested)

She was excited about it. I purchased it last week and I guess she thought she wasn't getting anything since the incident with the vehicle (see below)...Grrrrrr!!!

Happy Birthday to my Wife...

Also, since it is her birthday I of course went and picked her up a bday card. While looking at the cards I saw this "NEW HOLIDAY" and new cards they have come up with. It is called "Sweetest Day!".(it is sometime this month) WHAT THE CRAP! Now, the card companies make enough money from stupid holidays. Isn't valentines day enough?

I did purchase one of those cards but I made it a brithday card instead. On the outside of the card it read..."I know a good thing when I see it"...You open it and it reads..."So, Can I See It?" (I will let you use your own imagination!)

3 comments:

Mom said...

I get VERY irritated at greeting card companies.....
The real holidays lose meaning cuz of the over-commercialization of them....they seem to only be holidays FOR Hallmark now. I do my best to keep it real. And those made-up "Observances" are ridiculous.

Nicole said...

I'm sooo sorry about your explorer... I didn'tknow about the engine deal until now. that sucks!

happy birthday jennifer!

did you have anything to do with the free community yard sale in calera over the weekend??? it was good!

Nicole said...

i'm tuned in but there's nothing new