Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

I started not feeling good on Wednesday morning, by Thanksgiving morning I was running a slight fever but just like Wednesday I stayed doped up on meds and it kept me going. We loaded up the car and headed to my parents for the day. Of course along the way we stopped to get gas, grabbed a $2.00 newspaper slammed full of sale ads and then went through the drive through at McD's to hold us over until the BIG meal.

Thanksgiving at my parents is always great. Seeing everyone and eating until we bust is always good. The boys were outside putting up the lights and Christmas decor while the ladies were inside cooking or, like my wife, eating the food. But hey, she is pregnant so she has a right:)

Speaking of pregnant, there were three ladies this year at thanksgiving that were pregnant. I took a couple of pics of all three of them together. I will post those later.

After we ate we all sat around like couch potatoe's until we felt we could go back for seconds and see who busted first.

Jennifer and I stayed until about 8:15pm and then headed home.

Friday morning we were up and out the door shopping by 6:45am. We got all the items we were searching for and maybe a few more. Next year we (I) may have to be out and about yearlier with Corban here since I know I will need to make it to a couple of stores that have that "certain" toy that Jennifer will MAKE me go get! But don't worry, I WILL NOT trample over a Wal-mart employee and be partly to blame for killing him.(have you heard about this?) How Sad! How would you like to be the one to tell your child, "I hope you like your present 'cause I killed a person for it!"
I hope the people who trampled over him and then saw on the news later that he died is having a hard time sleeping at night. If there was a way they should all be charged with man-slaughter! Come on people.

When we got home from shopping I took about a 2 hour nap. Ahhhhhh!!! Saturday I actually slept until 9:15am, but I was also in bed at midnight.

Saturday was spent helping some friends move stuff into their new house and hanging around our house. It was rainy and cold.

The Alabama and Auburn game kicked off at 2:45 and let me just say, "The TIDE ROLLED and I am glad it did." I had no worry since we are #1 but I can't believe that Auburn didn't score once. I am glad we have heard the last of "the fingers" though. It was to the point that I wanted to give them a finger, but not a nice one.(jk).

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you took time to remember what you are thankful for. We really do have SO MUCH.

No comments: