Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chamber President - 2008


This year I served the Calera Chamber of Commerce as President. It was an honor and I truly enjoyed it. Yes, it got hectic a few times but it was worth it. I owe a lot of thanks to my board of directors. They worked hard this year and helped be look good. Well, the best they could any way!

I will stay on the board next year as an advisor. My last order of business at our last luncheon yesterday was to turn the Chamber over to the 2009 President, who is going to do an outstanding job!

The reason why the Calera Chamber appoints a new President each year is so that one person does not get burned out and to keep new and fresh ideas coming in. Some Chambers have had the same President for years but if it works for them I guess that's good. Appointing a new one each year for Calera works for us! I will post a picture from yesterday with the award and the 2009 President.

No comments: