Monday, December 15, 2008

Marriage Changes things...

Everyone says that, "Having a baby changes things" and I agree. Our lives are about to change! But something else changes things too and that is Marriage!

July 22, 2006 was when Jennifer and I got married. I can honestly say that we knew what each other was getting and there was plenty of opportunities before we got married to GET OUT if you wanted out! I am also sure now there are times where Jennifer wishes she had RAN and kept Running! LOL! But lets be honest here...Isn't there times where we ALL want to run? Not saying that you wish you were never married but you just want to run sometimes!

Each person brings differences into the marriage. Remember, that opposites attract. On Friday night, or should I say 2:00am Saturday morning, I started reading a book written by Paul Reiser. This is the guy that played the husband on "Mad About You." The name of the book is "Couplehood."

If you have not read this book you should try and find a copy. It has been out for a while but it talks about the ups and downs of being married. The book is funny and Paul always trys to make light of all the situations that go on in marriage.

So, if you have been married for a week, a year, 20+ years, get the book and enjoy a good laugh or MANY good laughs. It should help make the "stressful times" a little lighter. Not that any marriages have "stressful times!!!" Hmmmmmm??? Maybe you will see ways to look at situations different or if not for you, maybe your spouse! (Because atleast one person in the relationship is perfect?)

Paul has also written a book called "Babyhood." There he talks about his first experience of being a dad. I haven't read this one yet. So to my wife, if you haven't already bought me anything for Christmas, the "Babyhood" book would be a nice gift. All the prices I have seen are under $10.00.

No comments: