Wednesday, March 26, 2008

There's a Stranger in my house...

Somebody here that I can't see!!! (got the tune to the song in your head yet?)

Well, here goes. Last Wednesday morning I woke up about 4:30am to a faint scratching sound that sounded like it was on the floor next to me. I sat up in the bed and didn't hear it again. Upon laying my head back down I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got to thinking that maybe God had woken me up to pray so pray is what I did until I fell back to sleep.

That was the end of that or so I thought. Saturday morning I was woken up by the same noise. I got up, got a flash light and started looking around under the bed...nothing. I moved some of the rubber maid containers and then I spotted some droppings from a creature like this:



Yup! That's right! So, I started looking in the guest room, under the sink in the kitchen and everywhere else. A few here, a few there. I was MORTIFIED!!!

How and Why!?!? I called my Pest Control people and they were of course closed on Saturday. I did remember that the last time the guy came to spray he gave me 3 sticky pads for rodents because he said that some of his clients were getting mice.(at that time I had none!)

I put out two pads. One in the guest room and one by the trash can in the kitchen. I sprinkled D-con on it.

Saturday night I went to bed and yes, was woken up about 4am to the scratching sound. I checked the pad in the guest room on Sunday morning and there it was...a mouse stuck to it...and yes, he was still alive. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I took it outside and disposed of him. Let me just say, the pain he felt was short and sweet!

I put another pad out and Sunday night moved the pad by the trash can into the corner cabinet by the dishwasher. Monday morning there was one stuck to it! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Yes, the same kind of death happened to it as well.

Monday morning I set up an appointment for the pest control to come out. The lady on the phone was laughing at me when I was telling her about everything and that I am losing sleep. In case you do not know, I keep a clean house and though I know this has nothing to do with it I still DO NOT like it. She told me lots of people are getting them. Also, down the street from us they are re-opening a factory and I bet mice are exiting out of there and looking for new shelter.

Monday afternoon the guy from my Pest Control came and put out some bait on the some more pads, put some poison under the house and left me some more pads. I bought some steel wool pads and tucked it into holes around all the plumbing coming into the house. (mice don't like this). I also covered an area under the crawl-space door where we saw where they were entering under the house. The wife and I vacuumed under everything and mopped to clean up the droppings.

Early Tuesday morning I was woken up to that sound again. I looked under the cabinet in the kitchen to find now, the 3rd mouse in three days stuck to it. (I don't have to tell you what happened to it.) After work I purchased some Snake Stopper and put around the house. Hey, it keeps snakes away so it sould keep mice away. I poured it all round the house. It is shorta like having to wear garlic around your neck to keep vampires away!

Last night I heard NO Sound at all and all 4 pads that are out had nothing on them this morning.

Lord, I hope ALL of them are taken care of!!! Now, if you are laughing...QUIT!!!

So the stranger in my house showed itself and hopefully is gone for good!

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah yea, ah mice, nah, how bout RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUK!!!!!!!! Thank GOD when you find them they are DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!