Monday, March 10, 2008

Employee Power Trip...

Okay, the story that I am about to tell DID happen to me this Saturday.

The wife was gone to Atlanta for a Volleyball tournament. I decided to head to the Galleria to kill some time. It is a good thing I did. I found a few things that had great sale prices on them.

Before I left I was heading through Sears to the car and decided to stop by the guys department. I found a pair of pants that were on sale for $14.99...orginally $36.00. Since they are 100% cotton I needed to try them on. I headed to the dressing room in the guys department and it was closed due to painting and remodeling. I went to the customer service desk and the lady told me to go to the childrens depart. and change.

I headed over there and that dressing room was closed also due to painting. Now, I understand remodeling, but come on. You cannot close every dressing room at the same time. So I continue over to the ladies depart.

There is a lady cashier and a guy behind her bagging. I ask him where I can try these pants on because the guys dressing room is closed as well as the childrens. He told me I could go to the one behind me.

When entering the dressing room I could here a couple of ladies talking behind the closed doors but I kept heading to the opened door at the end without saying a word.

Once in there with pants almost off I hear a knock on the door and a
-Lady saying,- "Sir, you cannot be in here, you have to leave."
-Me,- What, where do you want me to go? I have to try on these pants and the guys dept. is closed as well as the childrens dept.
-Lady,- I don't care, you have to get out.
-Me,- I am not leaving until I try on these pants!
-Lady,- I am going to call security.
-Me,- Call security...and while you are at it, call the Manager, this is ridiculious!

So, by this time the ladies that had been talking in the other stalls were very quiet as I continued to try on the pants. I guess they were like me and was waiting for Barney 5 to show up in the dressing room.

After trying them on I left the dressing room and the employee was standing there glaring at me. I glared back and kept walking.

If the pants had not been such a great price I would have not wasted my time with the crap and would have left. But you can't beat a pair of Structure brand pants, 100% cotton, for $14.99. And by the way, it is a good thing I tried them on because I had to get a different size.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really glad they didn't call security though. Did you find your size?

Nicole said...

You were nicer than I would have been!!!!

Although i thought you were going to say something about being in the children's department and someone getting on to you... that i might have understood b/c you never know about the sicko's out there these days!

Valerie said...

Your blog is always a laugh for Alex and I...even as tired as we both are right now. Have you been to the Wal-mart in Calera...the "reorganization" is rediculous and was aparently started on....FRIDAY...the busiest day of the week! WOW talk about mad I was...I ranted and raved all through the store and right on into checkout. You can't find anything!

Nicole said...

that's so funny! Good for you for standing up for yourself!