Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is in the air

Yesterday afternoon I planted two Pink (climbing) Jasmine's by the Arbor in the front yard so they can climb that and planted some Azzela's and a purple blooming Creeping Jade plant.

The Winter here this year was SO cold and everything looked horrible so I needed a few things to spruce up the place. Now, I am by no means close to being finished but I wanted to get a start on it.

The first day of Spring is this Thursday and I am really loving the weather. The only thing I do not like is that lately we cannot get just rain; we have to get a storm with it. If you read my previous post about me sleeping through the last storm we had, you will know that a lot of people around me got storm damage to their house and hail damage to their car(s). Again, I am very thankful that I did not. Heck, the storm did not even wake me.

I hope we keep the Spring weather for a while and it doesn't turn straight to Summer. I have enjoyed having the windows open in the house and car.

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I went & got a pink Jasmine! Thanks for the tip!

Mom said...

Yes Eric, we have started the remodel. I didn't take any pictures yet. We have the area closed in with french doors and the room is now vented for heat and air. We are on hold with continuing right now, since we are paying cash as we go. The next step is to move all the stuff to a storage building, which we have to get.

Nicole said...

i know she swam with dolphins the other day... and one night she called to tell me she ate sushi b/c they have a sushi bar on the ship and if i'm not mistaken the food is included in the cruise cost.

Colette said...

Eric,
Sitting up waiting on the nurse to bring Amanda some medicine so had a moment. Even though nights should not be busy they seem to be worse than the days...but Amanda is loaded with med tonight...some new kind of supporitory with oppium along with some new medicine that should help the spasms that her nerve endings are having. At 5 a.m. this morning it will be 8 weeks since the accident...I have a feeling I won't get much sleep tonight. Amanda and I are both ready to go home. We want to hear the birds sing and feel the sunshine on us. AHAHAH...I guess everyone has a wish list of some kind.Please continue to pray and thanks soooo much for being such a faithful brother in Christ. We need all the prayer and good thoughts we can get. Trina and Amanda

Patti Doughty said...

Eric, don't know if you're aware, but Trina's posted twice to her Blog over the weekend.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Patti