Monday, March 3, 2008

Beautiful Weekend!

--
The weather here this weekend was so beautiful. The sun was shining and the breeze was just right.

Friday night the wife and I had just settled down on the couch to watch a movie when her mom called and said that Jennifer's dad was in an accident on his motorcycle.

A car crossed in front of him from the other side of the road. She had a turning lane but did not have the arrow signal; she was suppose to yield, but didn't.

He was taken to the hospital via ambulance where we meet them. He broke his arm in two places, which they are on their way this morning to see another doctor about putting a plate and screws in his arm. He hurt his other hand and scratched his chin. Praise the Lord that this is the only thing that happened.

On Saturday I worked in the yard some and just tried to relax as much as possible and enjoy the weather.

After church on Sunday I went for a 44mile bike ride. Now, I had not planned on wanting to go that far but once we got out there and got to 20 miles the only choice was to go forward. All I will say is I found out real quick that I had been lacking on riding these past couple of months and that I am a little sore this morning.

Today's high here in Alabama is suppose to be 79 degrees. Of course, in the morning it is suppose to be 45 and not get any warmer than 55. That's Alabama weather for you!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

does Jennifer ride with you? thats a lot of miles on a stinkin bike!! where do you ride to?