Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Surprised...I know!

It is Wednesday of my vacation here in NY!

Since we landed at 10:30am Saturday morning we have not stopped moving. Here you walk fast, drive fast, eat fast, sleep fast, etc. There has only been a little bit of sleep going on.

Once we got the rental car we stopped by a pizza place in Brooklyn down the road from the apartment and I have my first REAL NY pizza. It really was good. From there we came to the apartment, dropped off the luggage and headed downtown Brooklyn. We parked and walked forever. Seeing this and that and taking pictures of this and that. (pictures to follow when I return). We also made it to Chinatown on our first night.

On Sunday we went to one church that started at 8am and then to Brooklyn Tabernacle or as they call it here...BT. For those who did not know I have been listening to BT choir forever. The friend I came to NY with use to attend that church and sing in the choir so visiting the church is one of our main reasons for coming here.

After church we did some more sight seeing. (pictures to follow).

Monday and Tuesday we have been doing the same...lots of running around and little sleep. I can go into lots of details about or trip but I don't want to at this time but you know, I could get use to NY. It is a fast pace world and I know I can fit in just right. I already had to get smart with a lady hotdog vendor. (Mrs. Smarty Pants!)
Tonight we are going to BT choir practice. A group of 300 people. I can't wait. To actually practice with a group that I have been listening to forever, though some people have come and gone, it will still be a blessing to me to be able to practice with them.

I will probably not type again until I get back to Alabama. Oh yea, and by the way...I was on American Idol today. Got the DVD and everything from my performance.

Until then...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

fast, fast, fast........whoa boy, slow down! LOL. Glad you are having fun. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO you CAN NOT move to NY.....

Jamie said...

It sounds like fun!!! Makes me want to visit!

Mom said...

ehh, I left an update for you on my latest post.

Mom said...

I need some updates, and details about the NY trip, and what is that about American Idol?