Friday, April 20, 2007

New York! New York!

A couple of songs for the road:

Regards to Broadway
Did you ever see two yankees part upon a foreign shore,
When the good ship's just about to start For old New York once more?
With tear-dimmed eye they say goodbye They're friends without a doubt
When the man on the pier shouts, "Let them clear!" as the ship strikes out

"Give my regards to Broadway, Remember me to Herald Square
Tell all the gang at Forty-second Street, That I will soon be there
Whisper of how I'm yearning, To mingle with the old-time throng
Give my regards to old Broadway, And say that I'll be there ere long



Start Spreading The News
Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
These vagabond shoes Are longing to stray
And make a brand new start of it New York, New York
I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it In old New York
If I can make it there I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York.
I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it
In old New York If I can make it there I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I will return soon and will have pictures to share. If I make it big I will not forget you "little" people. lol

3 comments:

Myra said...

I will be anxious to hear your accent when you come from New York. I hope you do not lose your sweet southern accent there. lol
Have a wonderful and safe trip...

Valerie said...

Since you are not forgetting the "little people" we are ALL expecting gifts of large and expensive values (: Oh...and I like diamonds. lol

Valerie said...

Alex wants to know if they sell pieces of the world trade center...if they do Alex wants one and he will pay you back. He collects stones from history (berlin wall, pentagon etc.)