Monday, April 9, 2007

I made it!!!

Live to Ride...Ride to Live...

This past Saturday, I was just riding to my car.

I rode 62miles, on my bike, in a Cancer Charity ride. Half way through it all I was thinking was, "Why couldn't I have just donated my money and helped serve the lunch or something." "Why oh Why must I have rode." "I must be crazy!"

When all was said and done including taking pain killers, a nap, a 1 1/2hour soak in the tub, I was glad that I did it. I enjoying riding even if I second guess myself once I am out there.

The thing that made it hard was the two mountains, not hills, these puppies were mountains, that we had to climb. (feet don't fail me now!) I kept saying, "I think I can, I think I can". One mountain was 3 miles upward. Being able to go down the other side made it worth it though.

It wasn't a race so you could go at your own pace. It took me about 5hrs. (they had it timed for 4...who are they kidding; I did good to get it in at 5hrs.) If it wasn't for the mountains I could have made it in 4.) There was wind also pushing against you at times and a high of 44 degrees but...I MADE IT!!! and I would do it again.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good Lord! 62 miles is A LOT!! I really admire your determination!