Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

ALREADY! It's 2011 already! In 1998 I graduated high school. In August of 98 I moved to Birmingham. In 1999 I started Jeff State Community College. My last semester I started working at my current employment. Yup...May 1st will be 11 years that I have been there.

I never thought that 11 years later I would say that I was still at the same company. Now, you can think what you like but it is a great company and if you show up, do your job, and prove to them that you have the companies best interest in mind then you will be treated right. Of course all of us would love to be making millions but I would have to say that I make pretty good and hoping that there is always MORE money to come! ;-) We have to get paid right! 11 years later they keep paying me so they either like me or can't get rid of me, but since they keep paying me I am going to keep showing up! And you can't beat the hours...7am-3:30pm.

Moving on...Did you make any new years resolutions for 2011? I know we all have the "normal" resolutions, trust me, I could stand to loose weight, but what about deeper resolutions? Resolutions of the heart! How about a Change of Heart! Have you allowed this Sin filled World to consume you in some of its beliefs? Do you find yourself being more negative than positive? Have you found yourself agreeing to things that you know are not right but the reason why you agree is because you can't see it getting any better?

A great resolution to make is the one that is in God's word, "Create in me a clean heart of God and renew a right spirit within me." Folks, we have to WAKE-UP! The devil is prowling around like a lion seeking whom he may devour. He is looking for lukewarm Christians. The Bible says that if we are lukewarm God will spit us out of his mouth. He would rather have you cold than lukewarm because if we are a lukewarm Christian we are doing more harm than good to the kingdom of God. Lukewarm means that we are complacent. Have you become complacent?

I know the personal things that I MUST make as my resolutions for this year. If we watch the daily news and believe what it says I could go crazy in thinking that we are in for a financial destruction and pretty soon we all will be standing in a food line somewhere hoping to get a few cans of food and some bread.

Remember, "we are in the world, not of it!" "Our help comes from the Lord!" Gods word is clear, "I will never leave you nor forsake you!"

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord! I lay down the worry of this world. My God has been clear to me...I will NEVER leave you Eric nor forsake you! I will be with you ALL the days of your life. I am yours and you are mine! Do not be bothered by the things of the world or by those who hate or despise you. Remember, the world hated me first and surely if they hated me they will hate you.

This year...Be Bold, Be Strong, for the Lord thy God is with you...always and forever!

And one more thing before I go: Pray without ceasing! In everything, make your requests known to God! Allow God to answer you. It is okay to ask for prayer from other believers but I charge you to first make your request known to God. He has the BEST answer for you and his answer will not bring confusion. I dare say that when we request prayer from others regarding the issues of the heart we get more confused. Gods answer(s) will not bring confusion. Ask ANYTHING in My Name says the Lord, according to my will, and it will be done!

Happy 2011 Blogger world! I can't wait to read and hear all that God is doing in your lives this year! Take each day one at a time and cherish each moment because it is going by quickly. Pray without ceasing and in everything give praise to God! Keep your faith in God and not the cares of this world.

No comments: