Thursday, January 13, 2011

The "Gut" feeling

I think we can all try to ignore that "gut" feeling but I think, if you are a Christian, that "gut" feeling is the Holy Spirit telling you which direction to go and to do this or not to do that. Oh how many times I have ignored that "gut" feeling!

My post from yesterday said, "the truck has GOT to go!" The only thing is though...that truck is paid for and the transmission that was just put in it has a 90 day warrenty so if there are little quirks with it, atleast I have 90 days and if there are still problems, they will put another one in it at no cost. Of course I am hoping that NOTHING else happens to the truck.

We currently have the chance to purchase another vehicle but it will come with a car note, atleast for 3 years. I am not ready for another car note...not even for 3 years.

So today I have been driving the "chance to purchase" vehicle and the whole time, in the back of my mind, I keep hearing, "not now! Why are you really wanting this vehicle?" Of course the reason I want this vehicle is because I am tired of things happening to my current and me wondering what's going to happen next!

So, what is my decision you ask?...I will be returning the "chance to purchase" vehicle today and getting my explorer back. And though it has had its share of problems it is paid for, still running, thanks to another engine almost 4 years ago and another transmission 2 weeks ago, and it still looks nice; especially when it is all washed and detailed!

With this decision, that "gut" feeling has lifted. Yes, I would like another vehicle but not now so I am expecting the explorer to run and run forever!

Remember to listen to the gut feeling. And also remember that God gave you a brain. Yes, we are to pray about things but common sense is, well, common sense!

No comments: