Monday, April 19, 2010

Short Weekend

Who invented the idea that we work 5 days and only get 2 off? I think it should be the other way around. I am sure that most of you would agree. :)

Friday night we went to dinner with Jennifer's parents and her brother's wife and son. We ate at Dale's Southern Grill, a place that is very good and the prices are great. I haven't eaten there in a long time so I am glad we went.

I meet a lady before dinner where I purchased a keyboard from her. She was selling it on Craigslist. I use to have a piano and we moved it to my parents house a couple years back so I have missed playing on it. The keyboard is much smaller and lighter, which is good. I want to get back to playing and learning the transition of the cords so I can play at church, etc.

Saturday morning I got up had my coffee, a banana, and then hit the road on my bike for a 30 mile ride. I left at 6:37am and got back about 9am. Pretty good if I might say so myself and exactly 30.02 miles. It was a great ride. Jennifer and Corban left shortly after that to go spend some time with with one of her girl-friends. That gave me time to clean the house and do some yard work for the open house that took place on Sunday.

NO ONE came to the open house and I feel pretty bumbed because of it. It was a beautiful day so maybe everyone was just taking advantage of it by going to the parks, etc, just to enjoy the weather. It did allow me to get a couple of hours to myself and read. I sat outside and soaked up the sun and Gods word.

Jennifer called me shortly after they left on Sunday and told me, "Everyone is fine but we have been in an accident!" I am glad everyone is okay but I do not like a statement starting out like that. Jennifer was at a complete stop and a lady re-ended her and Corban and the "baby-to-be." Everyone is okay including the baby. Which brings me to my next thing...

Because of the accident Jennifer went to the doctor yesterday to be sure everything was okay with the baby and they were able to tell her the sex of the child.(we originally were going to find out on the 28th of this month.)

I am PROUD to announce that I will be the Dad, again, to another baby BOY!!! So exciting! Now we have to pick a name. Jennifer is still not sold on Elliot. She likes many names and wants to, if possible, incorporate a family name of Jackson into it. Well, this is what I came up with: Elliot Jackson Snyder. I personally think it's great; she still does not like it because of Elliot. We could call him Eli for short.

Who knows what the little guys name will be. No matter what, I can't help but think just how blessed we really are!

1 comment:

Fayth said...

Congratulations! I vote for Elliot. It's not a common name, so there won't be six of him in his class, and it's a cute name. Don't lose hope on your house. Someone will take interest.