Monday, April 26, 2010

A sad time...

A dear co-worker called me at 6:50am on Sunday morning to tell me that her 2 month old grandson passed away during the night. I couldn't believe it! I didn't want to believe it!

He died from suffocation. So many thoughts ran through my mind, and still do. I hurt so much for her because I know she was so happy and is in double pain because she also hurts for her son and daughter-in-law. I hurt also for her son and his wife because this was their only child. I can't help but think that, "if I hurt this much, I cannot even imagine the pain they feel."

When I got off the phone with her I went and got Corban and held him close. I didn't want to let him go. I kept thinking that we who have children have all done it! We have all put our children in the bed with us to console them or let them sleep with us just so we could get a little sleep ourselves. NOT ANY MORE! Please, if you put your child in the bed with you STOP RIGHT NOW!!! Don't think it can't happen to you!

I have cried so much! Lord, give them strength and peace and comfort! Surround them Lord as only you can do! I called my sister and told her to let their daughter, who is almost 2months, sleep in her own bed.

Corban woke up the other day from his nap crying. I was outside working in the yard and Jennifer was inside. The windows were open and I could hear his crying and I thought to myself, "that is the sweetest sound I have ever heard!" I would rather have him crying than me because...well...

Please keep the Sherrill family in your prayers! The viewing was last night and it was the hardest viewing I have ever attended. Lord, surrond them with your love!

1 comment:

Fayth said...

That is terrible... Parents should never outlive their children. And they should especially not have to witness their baby die. I will for sure keep them in my prayers. May the Lord bring healing and peace to their home!