Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not feeling at home...

I don't know where we(my family) is suppose to be? I am talking about Church.

I believe that everyone should have a church that they call home and know that the people there are their family.

About 8 months ago we left our church that we were at for about 4 years. Many things led up to us deciding that we needed to leave but for the life of me I can't pin-point any exact thing.

We visited my wife's childhood church which is great but I just didn't feel that was the place.

We are now visiting another church with people that we know. Most of us use to go to church together and they started their own church. It is a great church but we have been going there since November and I still do not feel "at home." We did meet the lady that babysits our Son during the week while we go to work. We could not have found a better person.

I use to help the Pastor of the church we left lead praise and worship. Singing is my passion and I enjoy giving praises to my King through song. God really moved during praise and worship there and He started using me more and more.

I honestly feel lost right now and I hate the feeling. I am suppose to be the spiritual leader in my house and I feel that I am not fulfilling that role 100%.

I always saw myself one day being a praise and worship leader and/or a choir director some place. Not necessarily full time. Now I don't know what I feel? I don't know what to do either?

I have prayed about it...but I have not "prayed without ceasing." Like a child that is crying because it is hungry or cries until it gets what it wants/needs, I should cry/pray to God and stay crying/praying until I get my answer.

I just don't know?...

2 comments:

Jeni said...

We totally know what you're talking about. We've gone through the same thing since December...well, really before we left our last church. Not fun!

Fayth said...

It's not fair when life throws us a horrible misfortune like that. I think that you're right in that the only way to get your answer is to cry until your needs are met. The bible says that God will give you what you need, if you ask him for it. Don't give up on your dream of leading worship!