Monday, March 1, 2010

To Get you have to Give!

If you want love...you have to give love!
If you want money...you have to give money! (i.e. tithes)
If you want friendship...you have to give friendship!
If you want healing...you have to give(have) faith!
If you want kindness...you have to give kindness!
If you want forgiveness...you have to give forgiveness!
...and so on and so on!

NO mathematician or scientist or anyone in their "right" mind would tell you that if you want MORE of something, then you have to give what little bit you have away! I serve a God that was never in his right mind while he was here on earth; or was he?

There is a saying that goes, "We should not be so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good!" Shouldn't the saying really go, "We shouldn't be so earthly minded that we are no heavenly good!" Now don't get all religious in your everyday life but our eyes and thoughts should be fixed on Jesus!

While Jesus was on earth he was heavenly minded. He knew why he was here and what his purpose was. He fixed his thoughts on his Father, who is the author and finisher of our faith!

I think this verse sums up the title of this post...Mark 10:45 says, "The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve!" It IS NOT easy at times, okay, most of the time, and while typing this post I am "preaching to the choir...me." I mean come on! I give and give and give and give and give and give and see no results! I have given my ALL! I have given love, money, friendship, faith, kindness, forgivenes, and so on. BUT...is that my all? I am still alive typing this post which means that I have not given my LIFE! (ouch!) Truth hurts doesn't it Eric!

"Do not grow weary in well doing..."

2 comments:

Nicole said...

leaving a comment....

Fayth said...

Agreed. I know I'm not always on the best terms with God, and that has a lot to do with what your entire post was about! You totally have it nailed!