Monday, March 15, 2010

St. Joseph

I have had 3 or 4 people tell me to bury a St. Joseph statue in my yard and our house will sell. I have a friend whose house sold 2 weeks after burying the statue.

When I first heard of such I laughed and thought, "Oh My!"but yesterday, once again, someone told me to do it and the house would sell.

Well, I must tell you that I currently have a St. Joseph statue being mailed to me today that I ordered from eBay at the grand total of $5.39(free shipping).

Upon viewing the statue on-line I found out that there is a prayer that you have to say to start it off and make your request known and then a prayer that you say each day. Copy and paste this site to read it: http://www.stjosephsite.com/SJS_Prayer_To%20sell%20a%20home.htm

For those of you who know me you know I am not Catholic or practice catholic beliefs. I do not understand the fact of praying to Mary, Joseph, Peter, Paul, or whomever nor do I find it right or wrong. I believe in praying directly to God and making my requests known to Him.

I read the Opening Prayer and about the only part I do not agree with is the following: "St. Joseph, just and true, with a father's care....I entrust myself to your care and place in your hands this request of mine (say request)." When I get to this part I will pray directly to God and entrust myself to Him.

All in all, the "day prayers" are directed and asking God to come to my aid and Day 7 is a prayer that I need to pray every day. Day 7: "God, our Father, give your fatherly spirit to those who are fathers now. Like Joseph, give them hearts of devoted love for their wives and children and strength for forgiveness and patience."

Once the statue gets here I will be burying it head down and facing the house as directed. Stay tuned for the date of when it sells. I am praying that it sells at most in 2 weeks.I don't think it hurts to try and if someone was telling me to bury a voo-doo doll or buddha or some crap like that then I wouldn't even be attempting it. The good that can come from this is our house selling and me learning to pray, again, for specific things. Gods word tells us to, "make our requests known to Him!" I think that sometimes we forget to do that.

The word also tells us that when we pray, pray as such, "Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen." WOW! So much revelation in that prayer alone!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Our St. Joseph is broken. He must be.

Jamie said...

We buried a St. Joseph's the day of our first open house and said our prayers. I quit praying after two months. He needs to put out already! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...can't wait to hear the news! Our house is also for sale and has been since Thanksgiving. I pray about it often and I know God cares and hears my prayers. I struggle with feeling like they are selfish prayers though. When we bought our house 9 years ago we only had 1 child, but now that we have 4 we just really could use a little more space! I have has other people tell me about the St. Joseph statue, but thought it was a little crazy.:) I am looking forward to hearing how it works out for you!

Eric said...

Dear Anonymous, As long as the weather cooperates today we will bury it this afternoon. Check back on the blog to stay tuned to if it is working or not. We pray that our house sells too and I do not think that they are selfish prayers. God tells us to make our requests known to Him and ask Him what it is that we want Him to do. Now, we may not understand the "waiting period," because I know I don't, but it is all in His time. :)