Monday, August 27, 2007

I am sad!!!

Paula White & Randy White to Divorce:

From tbo.com:

The announcement: Randy called Paula to the podium about an hour into the service. He was somber; Paula appeared choked up. "It's the most difficult decision I've ever had to make in my entire life," he told the congregation, describing Paula as an exceptional woman, mother and preacher.

(His career and her career and the different directions they are going is said to be the main reason why they are divorcing.)

From my mouth:

This hurts to hear really bad. I know that just because they are pastors and in the public eyes does not mean that they are above "life" effecting them.

I am not behind the walls of their house and cannot say what has taken place in their private lives but if the "ONLY" reason is because of their Career's then that just is not a good enough reason for a divorce.

The man and woman having too different career's sums up probably about 90% of all married men and women. I will testify that my wife and I stay very busy with opposite things and there are times where I see her more one week than the next and we have to make time for each other.

The example that Randy and Paula is giving right now says to me that, "It is okay to divorce when two people are so busy with their career's and do not have time for each other and feel that it is better to divorce than carry on." (this is only what I am seeing). I know, WITHOUT a shadow of a doubt, that God DID NOT say, "okay, go ahead and divorce."

I am not intending for this to come across as judging them. I am not doing that in the least. I hurt for them. I hurt for people who, like myself, have listened, watched, and learned from them. I hurt for people who are going to be effected personally by this and who already has been effected. I hurt for the husbands and wive's who again, like most of us americans, have a marriage and two different career's, that are going to say, "If Randy and Paula can end their marriage then it must be okay for us to do it."

I know they have been in counseling and have been working on this it just still hurts...

God, be with that church and all people that know your two children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree. Careers is no excuse for divorce, in the world or the Bible. I don't even know if them standing before a congregation and announcing it was a good thing to do.