Friday, August 24, 2007

Baby Sophia and the brothers!!!

After work yesterday I went to visit the Boemer's. If you remember on previous posts they had a little girl named Ava Sophia. While I was there yesterday I got to hold her for about an hour before she had to be feed. Of course she was asleep but she finally opened her eyes and looked at me. She is SO cute and SO small. I can't believe I was that small when I was born. I think I only weighed 3 more ounces than she did.

After holding her I played with Tres and Bryant...aka "The Brothers." They are growing fast! Bryant looked like a young man and Tres is doing a great job at playing the Big Brother to both of them.

It was good to visit with them and also see Grandmother Betty, who by the way cooked one MEAN meal last night. I took some home for the Bride but she was at a volleyball game and didn't eat it for dinner so I will be having it for lunch today...YUMMY!!!

The weekend has come upon us and I will be busy all day tomorrow and will maybe get some rest Sunday afternoon.

I forgot to tell you that we got our second driveway poured this past Tuesday. Today we will finally be able to drive on it. We have had one driveway but one of us would always have to park the other vehicle in the grass beside that one so we both could get out without having to move cars around. When they poured the driveway I also had them make me a small patio beside the deck so we could set up some chairs for another place to sit. Sort of bringing the indoors...out...It looks really good and though it may sound crazy I can't wait to drive on it this afternoon. And just for reference, if you plan on having concret poured it AIN'T cheap!!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Congrats on your driveway. I will have to make a special trip around just to see it. I bet it cost a fortune. Pouring concrete ourselves for our back patio was already expensive. I do not envy you guys....well, except that you have gotton to see Ava TWICE already and I haven't had the time to get down there. Call my house phone and give me Jamie's new number so I can call please!!!