Thursday, August 26, 2010

Making a check list...and checking it twice.

Since we are buying a NEW(used) house there are things that need to be updated and fixed.

Updating the fixtures, fans, flooring, etc. are things that can be done as money permits. Things that will be done within a day or two of moving in are the following:

-Of course unpack and take a dip in the pool
-Get ALL door locks re-keyed (this is cheaper than replacing all locks)
-Replace broken water regulator (controls pressure coming into the house)
-Purchase a damper clip for the fireplace
-Fix second garage door that does not open(it isn't aligned correctly)
-Paint boys rooms and bathroom and get them decorated to the brides liking
-Pool fencing(big ticket item but well worth it of course)

The painting of all other rooms will be done as time permits as well as pressure washing the decks and replacing any boards on the deck or yard fencing that needs to be replaced.

I can't wait to get in and decorate. I have the position of the livingroom furniture all laid out in my head as well as most of the other rooms. I am "trying" to refrain from purchasing any furniture until we move in because I need to see what we have, what we can get rid of, and what we might need/want. I did purchase a chair from a friend the other day but I knew I wanted it for a certain area. I have tables and other stuff in the attic and storage that have been put away for a year or more. I am anxious to see all that I forgot we had.

I have an idea for a headboard for the master bedroom. It's going to be good! Bedroom furniture is so OVERLY priced and I refuse to pay what they are asking, especially when I can do just as good or better.

I will do my best to remember to take before and after pics of everything. Just remember that during all this we will also be welcoming into the world Asher Jackson Snyder. Oh how ready I am to meet him! He has been one active little man inside of his Mommy; more so than Corban.

Until again...

No comments: