Thursday, August 26, 2010

A L-O-N-G month...and A L-O-N-G post; grab a cup of coffee!

We have almost reached the end of the month. Our closing for our new house is set for 10:00am on Tuesday. We do our final walk-thru on Monday.

Before that happens though I will be heading up to DuckTown, TN to go White Water Rafting. This is a trip away with the guys before baby Asher arrives, which is only a few weeks away. It may seem to some that this is not the best time to take a getaway trip but I assure you that this was planned before the sell of our current home and the purchase of our new home. I will also assure you that the house is as packed up as it can get. There are the last minute things to pack but other than that, everything will be stacked in the dining room by Sunday afternoon waiting for me to load it into the moving truck on Monday.

With all that has been going on, we added to the list numerous, and still going, visits to the ICU at the hospital. Last Friday my brother was in a really bad car accident driving home from work. He was banged up pretty bad and has already gone through surgery a couple of times. For all that he has been through he is doing really great. Today they should move him into his own room. The main reason he has been kept in ICU was to watch his breathing. It has been irregular since he came in but the nurse said last night that he was doing great. They are watching his left leg and pelvis to besure it doesn't pop out of joint. He has a broken ankle on his right leg, a broken rist on his left hand and just some brusing all over the place. He did get out of bed yesterday to do some walking.

I know he is ready to get his own room and to see his 3 little kids who are missing their daddy like crazy but since you have to be over the age of 12 to enter into the ICU they have not been able to see him. God was watching over him and still is.

To continue on: My mother moves into our house next week when we move out. Yes, if you do not know already, it is my Mother who bought our house. Her and my stepdad are in the process of a divorce. She did not want to continue to live in the house they were in and she wanted to start the "Fresh Start" somewhere else. Keep both of my parents in your prayers. Divorce is a hard thing for anybody, no matter what the circumstances, and no matter which person wants the divorce there is still pain that has to be dealt with and worked through. 21 years is a long time.

I will let you know though I can see God at work in both of their lives. My dad needed a wake up call and God is giving him one. My dad has told me things this past month that show me that God is dealing with him and the provisions for both of them this past month is truly amazing.

Well, I am sure you have reached the bottom of your cup of coffee, or if you are my wife, the bottom of the can of Dr. Pepper, so I will let you go.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

An apology in advance for the book I'm about to write: Again, I am so excited for your family! Although I will miss how easily accessable you guys have always been right down the street....you NEEDED a new home! I am REALLY pumped that Jennifer need not have a C-section, and I am anticipating lots of pictures from your white water rafting trip...now THAT I am pea green with envy over (; I can't wait to go back and do that with Alex again...next time we're taking an even harder river in SC! I'm very sorry about your parent and will pray for peaceful resolution and healed hearts in this hard process. Also, just so you know, I read each and every new blog you and Jennifer write promptly after they are posted, I just don't comment a lot. Even though our families are all over the place, you guys are still near and dear to our hearts. Blessings!

Fayth said...

This means your house sold? [sorry i've been away for awhile...] Congratulations!