Friday, August 27, 2010

Hebrews

Hebrews 10:25 via the Amplified Version tells us, "Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching."

I think part of my gifting is being an encourager. If I know someone is going through something I am right there telling them that they can do it, you will make it, constantly trying to keep their spirits up, etc. I can encourage and persuade others better than myself.

But isn't that how God uses us. I think the areas that we lack in is where God uses us to build others up in and in return showing us that we are MORE than conquerors. You know what I'm talking about. I know there has been a time in your life where you were talking with someone and all of a sudden it was like a light bulb went off and it seemed as though the very words you were speaking were being spoken to you and bringing clarification, confirmation, encouragement, etc.

The body of Christ NEEDS each other. As Hebrews stated, we must assemble together. Coming together shows us that we are not alone in this walk with Christ. We were never meant to carry our loads alone. When the body of Christ is together it is then we are made complete.

So, assemble together with brothers and sisters in Christ. Encourage each other, admonish, warn, and urge each other to live a closer life to Christ. Take note that the word judge was not in this passage. Don't cross the line into judging, for with the same measure that you use to judge, God will judge you.

Have a blessed weekend Blogger world. Count your MANY blessings and name them one by one! Come and dine at the Masters table, come and dine! What a friend we have in Jesus...all our sins and griefs to bear, what a privilege to carry, EVERYTHING to God in prayer; Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer!

1 comment:

Fayth said...

My mom always says stuff like that, that we need to encourage each other and help each other get closer to God. [p.s. my fav verse is in Hebrews]