Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Glory of God...it's ALWAYS there!

My Facebook status from yesterday went something like: "Even when we are going through a storm we are still MORE blessed than we know." While this is so true, it is also so hard to see while in the storm. God is GREAT and GREATLY to be praised!

If there is one thing He is showing me during this time is that no matter what, I should ALWAYS give Him thanks and not just when the going is going good!

I feel so OVERLY blessed right now and have become humbled at all that God is giving to me and my family. I hope that none of you think that I am boasting in anyway about the new house and all the answered prayer requests that came along with it.

I want to remind you that we had our house on the market for almost a year and ended up selling it for what we paid for it when we purchased it 4 years ago. I had to come to terms with the fact that, "as long as I could sell it for what I owed then we would be fine." Thank the Lord that we were able to walk away with a little money for the new house.

The new house answers SO MANY prayers. I love to entertain and fellowship with people and this house will allow us to do it. This is not just our house but Gods house because His word says, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is..." "Where 2 or 3 are gathered in My name, there I will be!" "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!"

Jennifer has a heart for Youth and I know that the extra bedroom and space that the house offers will come in handy one day. Even though Asher, who will be here in 6wks, is our last child, we have discussed about boarding a youth type person if there was ever a need. Sort of like a Masters Commission student or someone like that. It will be a few years before we chose to do that but we must get settled in the new house and get our two boys settled in as well.

So remember, as I have been reminded, to always give God the praise no matter what the circumstance!

No comments: