Monday, June 28, 2010

Understanding?

Many times, when things do not go as I thought they would, or certain prayer requests do not happen the way I wanted them to, I often wonder if I am suppose to have understanding of why?

When I pray, I do ask for God's Will and I try my best at all times to wait patiently while praying. I try not to get my hopes up too high, because I do not want to be let down, but that's crazy because I know God wants the best for us and I know it is okay to get excited. But I will say that I am let down when something doesn't go the way I wanted it to. Especially when it is something that all I can see is the good in it. BUT, I know God has the best in store for me and my family and He can see the future so I must trust in Him.

Subject change:

Friday night was Guys Night Out at church. We gathered together and played Texas Hold'em. I am not a poker player at all and have only played a few time. I must say though that I did really good. We had two tables, 5 players at one table and 6 at another. Once there was a total of 6 players remaining we combined the tables and played until a winner. I didn't win but I made it to the victory table and then quickly went out. Lots of fun though!

We packed up most of Jennifer's Grandmothers house on Saturday. (she was the one that passed away a couple months back). They found a cash buyer for the house without even listing it, which is awesome, so moving stuff out had to be done. After starting at 8:30am and ending by 6:00pm we finished out the night with BBQ at Jim 'N Nicks!

After church on Sunday some friends and I moved our couch into storage just to put another one in the house that we purchased. (hoping that our new house has a living room and den area ;) I didn't want to get rid of our other one because we really like it but we couldn't pass up the price on the one we got. I will try and remember to take a pic and post it. Corban approves of the new couch. It is a sectional and he l-o-v-e-s running from one corner to the next and laughing the whole way! It is too cute so it is hard to tell him no.

After all the moving we headed over to church for Family Fun Night. Lots of fun there. Grilling, three-legged race, egg race and egg toss, and spending time with church family.

All in all it was a great weekend! I could have used more sleep but why waste a weekend on sleep. That's what Monday afternoons at work are for or at least to play on Blogger and FB! ;) jk!

No comments: