Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Selling A House

Our house has been For Sale since about October 2009. The only reason we are selling is because of our "growing family!"

We have had lots of interest on the house and a couple of verbal Contracts that never worked out. We have considered adding on but the cost of doing that just does not make since.

Four years ago we purchased the house for $110,000.00. The seller had it listed for $114,900.00. Four years ago the housing market was at its peak! Now, four years later, well, you know where the housing market is.

Before today we had the house listed for $117,900.00. With everything that it has, with all that has been done to it, and the advice of a realtor, we really felt that it was priced correctly.

Selling a house IS NOT fun. Especially when you have to make a decision, such as the one we made today. A decision to lower the price of the home to the price we paid for it when we bought it. I have officially listed the house for $110,000.00.

I have been holding off doing this because I refused to do it. There is a principle at stake here and a pride issue. A house was suppose to be an investment. I was suppose to make some sort of a profit off of the sell of a house. Now I am hoping and praying that when offers come in they are not for LESS than what we owe.

We sang a new song Sunday at church. It's called, "I give myself away!" The words are powerful and God moved during service. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/TestedandTried#p/f/0/J4v5IXbEauM

Copy and paste the link to the search engine and listen to it. While singing the song, the word God gave was: "Why is it so hard for you to give me control! Give me control! Can't you see that I can do SO MUCH better than you can!"

P-O-W-E-R-F-U-L!!!

It was like God saying, "Eric, don't you think that I can still take care of you even if you have to sell your current home for what you paid for it four years ago or even if you sell it for less; as long as you are not upside down in it!" Obviously, I had to let my Pride fall and let the Principle of the matter fall. God is going to provide. All Jennifer and I can do is seek His will for our lives and Give ourselves away to Him. Because yes, He can do SO MUCH better than we can!

The words of the song applies to ALL areas of our lives. If you are a control freak like me then you know how hard it is to let go. But remember, you are not letting it go and letting another human being handle it. You are letting God have control over it!

Lord, ALL my HOPES and ALL my PLANS, I place them in YOUR hands...I give myself away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes your way regarding the house as well. Some years ago my hubby and I decided to sell our house because our friends had been transferred, moved away, retired and we did not expect to be parents at 40. So we asked $185,000. the first couple, so entranced wanted it and we thought done! not so deal fell through so we raised the price of the house guessing it was too low. 2 families later, it sold for 189,000!! Don't give in! Trust, as well as keep it looking brand new which was our trick, so to speak.

Jamie said...

He's got you Eric. He is smack dab in the middle of it.