Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Days Of Our Lives...

I don't think my life is boring; not by far. Though I do not live the "Suite Life" of Zack and Cody or "Get The Best of Both Worlds" like Hannah Montana, I have a great life.

I would say that my life centers more around "The Middle", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Growing Pains", "Facts of Life," and maybe the ocassional "Golden Girls." These shows are or where more "real life" shows. You can actually see yourself going through and experencing the same things. The thing I like most about the shows is the love that the family/friends share with each other; even when they got mad at each other the love was still there. They showed more of what really happens when the digital camera was not ready to take a pic or when the video camera was not running.

Think about this for a moment: When you go over to someone elses house, the pictures on the wall are of the family members smiling ear to ear or laughing, playing, etc. Always something sweet and positive! I can't say that I have ever seen pictures showing where the husband and wife, children, or whomever is having a disagreement and someone is left crying or upset or depicting anything making you think that their life is nothing less than perfect.

When I was a teenager I remember our family meeting at a photo studio to take a family pic. It had not been the best couple of days but when the picture flashed we all stood there smiling as though we were the Brady Bunch and as if we always had this freakish smile on our faces. After we left the studio I went home, packed my bags, and ran-away.

I did end up going back home of course. The point I am trying to make is that "these are the days of our lives." No family is as perfect as the "brady bunch." For every "Golden" moment, there are times when you find yourself in "the middle" and wanting "the best of both worlds" but you soon realize that these are the "facts of life" and though there will be "growing pains" "everybody loves" you and you really are living the "suite life."

It is the moments in between the pictures that make us who we are. Enjoy this life that you live. Smile often and laugh much and focus more on the good things of life than the bad.

No comments: