Friday, October 22, 2010

Making it all work

If you asked me 10 years ago if I would ever be married and have two children I probably would have laughed and said, "are you crazy or something!" "Heck no!" 11 years later though that is excatly what I am...Married, with two children, plus a dog, a mortgage, bills, a house with lots of love, and even the frustrations, and the trials of "Making it all work!"

It is not easy being a husband and a dad. There is a lot of pressure on us that we have to deal with and that we don't show to anyone, especially our wives, because hey...we are MEN and we are not suppose to show any kind of weakness or show that we are worried about this, that, or the other; especially when it involves providing for the family. We carry a lot on our shoulders and I know for me that there are things, usually financially, that I do not share with my wife because why bother her with things that I know are going to work out. God's word is clear that He will provide for us!

I know that I am blessed beyond measure and that the Lord watches my comings and goings. Even though I know this I can't help but to get weighed down with the cares of this world.

Yesterday, Pastor mentioned how we come into Gods house on Sundays, praising and worshiping Him, knowing that He is our all and all and then on Monday thru the rest of the week we are like, "lions and tigers and bears...oh my!"(my words, not his).

It is so true though! Take a look back in your past for a moment and see ALL that God has brought you through. Why do we worry for a moment that God cannot do above and beyond anything we can think or imagine!

I love Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind and live in His grace everyday. One of my favorite songs is Alabaster Box. Enjoy the song!

No comments: