Monday, May 5, 2008

A nice weekend

I have to say that I had a pretty good weekend. I am tired from it, but it was good.

The wife had her last Volleyball tournament this weekend so I did my thing while she did hers.

I left for a friends house after work on Friday. This is one that I don't get to hang out much with. We had a blast as I knew we would. Talking, cutting up and not getting into bed until 3am on Saturday.

I got up at 8:30am on Saturday and went to my parents house where we were suppose to go to something that was being held downtown but the storm and rain made us not be able to. My mother and I ended up going to look at a few houses for sale and then headed to my brothers house. There we all just visited and then headed to dinner. From there I went home.

I had signed up for providing breakfast at the hospitality table at church so I worked away making a few things for that.

Sunday after church I went to a friends house where a few guys were getting together. We grilled out and watched a movie. Are you ready to hear what we grilled?...You might get jealous! We grilled...hamburgers, brats, T-bone steaks, filet-minons, Steak strips and Ribeye steaks. Yup, that's right...Steak! Steak! Steak!...Nothing but a Meat Buffet! It was ALL good and I think I got my fix on steak for a while. HA!

Last night we started a "Movie Night" at church. I don't know if this will be a monthly thing or an every three month thing but it was fun. We watched "Facing the Giants." It was really good. It was made by a church who put it together for about $40,000.00. The acting, because it is not professional, is a little cheesy here and there but the Christian message was GREAT and would speak to anyone who watched it. A very good, challaging movie. Makes you think!

Now I sit here Monday needing more sleep but glad that it was a great weekend and ended up being a weekend with family and friends. God is Good!!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

We would love to have you come swimming in our new pool as long as you don't mind your feet hanging over the side (; ...I love the pics of the house plants. Since we have never seen where you go to church maybe you can sneak a pic of your church in there and talk about the movie night or something. Oh...and my next question is...when are you guys going to get an animal (: You two would look great with a dog.