Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Life is forever CHANGING!!!

--
I know we know that life is forever changing and sometimes it seems it changes faster than other times.

My vice president, Sandra K. Purvis, here at work passed away on Thursday at 12:05am. She had cancer and after her last surgery never fully recovered. She was 68. Too young to die, but not too young to see her Savior!


Sandra was the Lady who's house I would go over to on Saturdays and work out in the yard. She had a back yard that looked like Botanical Gardens. BEAUTIFUL!!! I spent MANY of a day over there and probably in a three year span I was at her house almost every Saturday.

Yesterday was the viewing and funeral. It was really hard because as memories where brought up about her you couldn't help but cry because you will not experience her doing those things again, but you would also laugh because you knew, "Yea, that was Sandra!" I am glad that I have the memories. Sandra was like my Aunt or "Mingo" as her neices and nephews called her.

Sandra, you will be forever missed here on earth!

The wife and I will becomse "parents" this afternoon to a cat named "Jazzy Purvis". Jazzy is Sandra's cat and needs a home and there was no hard decision to make to provide him with a home. He is a very loving cat and is a type of Persian I think. He is gray with a full-white maine.

Also, I will be able to get some cuttings from Sandra's yard for my yard. One thing I am making sure that I am going to get is some Hydrangea's; her favorite and one that I had come to love.

It will still take some time to adjust here at the office without Sandra here and realize the fact that I will not be going over to her house on Saturdays anymore, but we will adjust with time.

If you made it to the end of this post, thanks for reading.

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

That breaks my heart.
I know from experience, that the flowers you will plant will always make you feel close to her.

Jamie said...

I'm sorry Eric! I know you cared for her. For a second when I read about the cat, I thought you said you and Jenn were pregnant! I almost jumped outta my skin! Ha! I better find out before you post it.... just warnin' ya! :)

Valerie said...

I remember you talking about her and her yard. I know this was very hard for you...but you got to keep more than one piece of her...memories, cuttings, and her kitty. I know she would be happy to know her kitty did not go to the humane society, but to a dear friend who loved and cared for her, instead.