Thursday, November 1, 2007

God is THAT Good!!!

I will try and make this short but it is great. Here it is:

Every Wednesday night on the way to church I pick up 2 boys that are in the youth group. Sometimes one comes, sometimes both. They are brothers so I never know until one gets in and says the other is not coming.

Anyways I picked one up last night and when I was taking him home after church he got to telling me that he and Geno, the youth pastor, were talking about his mom and praying for her. (the two brothers live with their grandmother and their parents are separated so and on top of that they hardly see either one of their parents.) One brother is 15 the other is 13. (the 13 year old was with me last night). I told him that always remember that God does hear your prayers and he will answer them.

Their mom is going through some stuff now and he was missing her and you could tell that it was effecting him. As we were driving down hwy. 31 he looks over at this car we are passing and it is his mother driving the car. He got SO excited. I blew the horn until we got her attention and then we pulled over behind her. He got out and talked to her for a minute or two and then got back in and she followed us to his grandmothers. I wish you could have seen his face; the way it was lite-up with Joy.

It was all I could do to keep from crying. All I could say while I was driving away was Praise God! You are Awesome God!

Why am I telling you this??? Because:

1) I called Geno, the youth pastor, when I was driving away to tell him and he coudn't beleive it and said that it was exactly what he needed at that moment. He needed to see his mom and God answered a 13yr. old boys prayer.

2) The pastor taught from Psalm 105 last night and it spoke about giving Thanks and telling about God's Wonderous Works...and this is WONDEROUS!!!

3) That you will be reminded that God is hearing EVERYTHING you are praying to Him.