Thursday, July 19, 2007

Read the "Sent To" before you forward

May I have your attention please! I have got my soapbox out and I need to say something:

When you foward an email, be it funny, stupid, crude or rude, that someone has sent you, READ the "sent to" names so you DO NOT send it to the same people again.

I hate receiving emails where the person that sent it to me knows other "sent to" people I know. Then that person in return, clicks all of their contact names and guess what...I get it again and again and again. Or maybe they click the "forward" button and includes, once again, my name.

What is even more crazy is when I send an email to someone or a group of people and they send it back to me as well as others.

Come on people!!!

Okay...I am finished...Just had to get that off my chest...It mainly goes to one of my cousin's who continually does this...and no cuz...it's not you.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I agree.
I generally don't like those mass forwarded jokes and sappy stuff anyway. I do not even forward them on myself....
You won't have this issue with me.
Cuz.
But I think I know who you are referring to.

Valerie said...

Quite frankly I hate forwarded e-mails, therefore, I will not forward unless I think it is a matter of being safe....such as the pervert spotted at the books-a-millions around here. Those e-mails SHOULD be forwarded as a warning to others.

Colette said...

Eric,
Being electronically challenged you won't be getting any forwarded e-mails from me...e-mail is not my things though I have to e-mail with attachments for this last course I am taking. My hands are already sweating just thinking about putting everything in one file, doing an attachment, and then making sure my work doesn't go to someone in India. Oh well, keep us updated as to if your post helped your problem. Have a great week!

Jamie said...

No forwards from me!! Hate 'em!