Monday, July 23, 2007

One Year Later

"'Til Death do we part!"

This is what my Bride and I said to each other one year ago yesterday. As you can tell by the post...she has not killed me yet, though I am sure there have been times where she has thought about it. If I had not moved one time, the iron she threw at me would have killed me. JUST KIDDING!!!

One of the hardest things I have learned and am still learning being married is letting my Bride take care of me. We both took the same vows but I am independent and it is hard for me to let her do things for me.

Some Things I have learned one year after being married:

1)I love my wife more today than day one
2)Some days are harder than others being married
3)Getting married does not make you richer(money wise)-It actually creates more bills
4)I have probably had to apologize about 265 times last year for something I did and she has not had to apologize once
5)It is not "all about me anymore"
6)You need "alone time" with each other
7)You need "alone time" with just yourself
8)Time is flying by so quickly(one year already)
9)S.E.X. is great...(you know it is)
10)COMPROMISE
11)God HAS TO BE the head of your House
12)I can't stand it when she is right and if we are fussing and she ends up being right I can't stand it
13)My Bride is a Godly woman and a Praying woman
14)Happy wife...Happy life
15)She cares for me and wants to know about "me"
16)The little things matter the most
17)I love crawling in bed at night when she is already asleep and wrapping my arm around her and holding her
18)Lazy Saturdays are my favorite, though they do not happen too much
19)Her "clean" is different from my "clean" but as long as it gets done I can't say anything
20)She loves me for me...the good, bad, and ugly!

I know there is more that I have learned but these are just some that came to mind.
Now I guess we are on to "Round Two!" HA!

Thank you Father for this woman of God that you have given me. Teach me everyday NEW ways of loving her.

4 comments:

Colette said...

That was so sweet! This Labor Day we will be celebrating our 30th. In some ways it seems like yesterday. I remember my mom and I looking for wedding dresses (she has great taste. I can still hear the church erupt into applause as the priest announced "I give to you Mr. and Mrs. Russell Barnes". I remember the way my daddy held my hand as he walked me down that long aisle of the church and I remember how amazingly handsome my husband looked waiting for me at the altar. Congrats to you and your bride on this first great year. Sounds like ya'll are doing great. Hold this time of newness and wonder tight and thanks for stirring in me these wonderful memories...
Trina

Jamie said...

Whoever 'they' are... They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest! I believe it to be true in mine since it was full of adjustments! That was very sweet!

Mom said...

We don't have to know that S E X is all that and a bag of chips. You can keep that one to yourself. TABOO subject!

Nicole said...

me singing:
Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary...
haaappy anniversary!