Friday, July 22, 2011

Marriage

Did any of us really know what we were getting into when we got married? I know we all had our own thoughts, ideas, visions, stories, etc about marriage. We all heard about the ups and downs, the good and bad, and of course know the whole speech that the preacher read...for better, worse, sickness, health, etc, etc, etc.

There is a saying that goes, "Babies change everything!" I believe the saying is true for marriage as well. "Marriage changes everything!"

Our main view of marriage is that of our parents, guardian, or whomever raised us. It is from our upbringing that we learn really how to act or react in every situation in life; either good or bad. It is how we learn to treat our spouse in our marriage. But no matter how we were raised and what good or bad examples we saw, we are the ones responsible for the decisions/actions that we make in our own lives.

Jennifer and I had two different kinds of upbringing. I come from a family of divorce and Jennifer and her parents will be celebrating their 37th anniversary this year. Both of our upbringing has taught us many things in our own marriage and reminds us E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y that the two of us could not love, laugh, cry, or live together if it wasn't for the love of Jesus that we both have in our hearts and the commitment we made to Him and each other 5 years ago today...July 22, 2006!

Happy Anniversary Baby! I do love you more today than 5 years ago. You truly are what God had for me and I am go grateful that he brought you into my life. Through all of our ups and downs, ins and outs, and 2 boys later, years you are still the one that I love lying down next to at night and putting my hand on you while you sleep just to let you know that I am there and loving that you are there for me.

The song that was sung at our wedding, where you walked down the isle to, is still one of my favorites and each time I hear it my heart and mind is flooded with thoughts of our wedding day! I love you Baby!

No comments: