Thursday, February 11, 2010

Making time for Friends

All of our days and weeks are busy and we all have a schedule we try to keep, especially Monday-Thursday evenings due to work the next day. (well, I do anyway!)

If I made dinner plans you can bet that they were made for a Friday or Saturday night since I didn't have to be up the next day running out the door for work.

Well, a few months back I changed all that. Friends are important to me and I enjoy getting together with them to eat or just hang out. So, if a friend wants to get together for dinner during the week, we go for it. Either they will cook, or we will cook or we will go someplace for dinner. And to let you know, it hasn't effected my work schedule at all. I am still able to function the next day because heck, I am still in bed about the same time anyway.

Make time for friends! Give them a call, invite them over for dinner, or see if they want to meet for dinner someplace. Get out of the routine that you have gotten into; which is probably just sitting on the couch infront of the tv saying "woe is me...!" Who knows, YOU might just be what that friend needs too?!

Good things come out of it too like chicken/shrimp alfredo, chicken spagetti, choc. pies and donut holes, memories being made and maybe, the ocassional margarita. ;)

Friends and Food go together like:

ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong
Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be
Waooo Yeah

We're one of a kind like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do
Our names are signed boogedy boogedy boogedy boogedy shooby do wap shoo bop
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be like one
Wa-wa-wa-one

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Aweee..... we have fun with you guys too! And it's my turn to cook!