Monday, February 1, 2010

A letter to my Son

Dear Corban,

A year has almost come and gone since you were born. In 19 days you will be 1.

I still remember when your Mom told me that she was pregnant with you. I felt joy like I never had before. Yes, I have experienced joy in my life but this was a different kind of joy.

Throughout the nine months of you growing in the womb I would talk to you and sing to you. I watched you roll from one side to the other and your mom would tell me that when I came into the room and started talking you would move to that side of her belly as if you were listening.

The day you were born was like no other! To see you enter into the world and take your first breath is an experience that I remember as if it was yesterday. This year has really gone by fast.

Oh the many things that God has shown me through you! I can remember changing your diapers during your 1st few months and I would be kissing your feet and watching you smile and laugh and one thing I remember God showing me was, "That is all I want you to do Eric...sit at my feet, kissing me and spending time with me!" Corban, you will never have to prove yourself to me. I love you for who you are, simple as that!

Having you has allowed me to feel how God must have felt to give up his Son to die for us. There is NOTHING in the world that could ever take my love from you. You, along with your Mother, are two people that I would give my life for.

Through surgerys, midnight feedings, 2 am feedings, 4 am feedings, and some sleep-all-nights I grow to love you more and more.

You started crawling at about 10 months and you are just about to be able to walk without holding on to anything. You took off crawling and haven't stopped yet! I have so much fun crawling behind you and chasing you around the house grabbing the back of your legs where you are ticklish and watching you laugh and take off again.

During this time in your life, if you could talk, you would probably tell everyone who asks that your name is NO-NO. It Seems every time we turn around we are having to say NO-NO, but that doesn't stop you because you turn right back around and try it again. This only confirms that you are my child; or maybe your mothers. :)

This letter to you has been a very short recap of your 11 months on earth so far. I cannot wait to see what the next year will bring and just so you will know, it is bringing you a little brother or sister. Yup! I couldn't believe it either! I know that you will be the best big brother ever!

I hope that I can be the best Dad to you and that you will know that you can ALWAYS come to me and talk! I love you Corban.

No comments: