Monday, November 17, 2008

Tree, Lights, Deer, OH MY!!!

The weather permited, other than being cold, so Saturday morning I got outside and started hanging the lights on the house. 1/2 of my last strand of lights didn't work, always a good thing to check as you go which I did, so I had to make a trip to purchase some more. Once I got all of them up I worked on getting the lighted deer in place and putting the north pole out.

While I was doing this, Jennifer was inside decorating the tree. I am glad to announce that EVERYTHING is decorated and we are now waiting for Santa to arrive late Christmas Eve. We even have a present under the tree!

With Jennifer's brother getting married I forgot to take pictures of everything but I will so look for them within the next couple of days.

Some people think we are crazy to have decoratd so early but this is how my Saturdays look from here until Christmas:

Nov. 22 - Men's Outreach Ministry
Nov. 29 - Spending time with family and Christmas shopping
Dec. 6 - City Christmas parade(6pm but LOTS to do that day to get ready for it)
Dec. 13 - Nothing so far but I am sure something will come up
Dec. 20 - All day Birthing Class (beats going once a week for a month)

Then the Week of Christmas is here! Decorating also takes a lot of time so we want to enjoy it all as much as we can. If you live in the area you will have to stop by the house to see how it looks.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I guess Alex has called to tell you the parade is during the SEC championship for ALABAMA! He is not happy! He really wants to watch, and thinks a lot of people will not show up for the parade.