Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 President

Last night was our first Chamber meeting of the year and my first as the President.

After a two hour meeting, I have to say that I am really excited about the upcoming year. I have a great team of Board members this year and they are all wanting to get involved and not just "show up" for a meeting just to say that they are involved in the Chamber.

In other news: A very Dear Lady by the name of Lynn Harden went home to Heaven at about 4:00 am this morning. Lynn has been battling cancer for sometime now. It seemed to get better at one point and then it came back hard. She had been in and out of the hospital for a few months now.

Her family was at peace with the fact that she was ready to go and that she is not hurting anymore but that doesn't help the fact that it still hurts those left behind. Either way, it is amazing to think that as I type this and you read it that Lynn is in the presence of the Almighty God! King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Her Father!

I want to quote again from C.S. Lewis when he said, "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

No comments: