Friday, January 11, 2008

Wind and Rain

We survied the storms last night. Not too much excitement; thank the Lord! It does upset me that some people lost their homes, etc. I wish when storms came through they didn't destroy things. Most of the time it effects those that already do not have a lot and usually do not have insurance to replace what they lost.

I am glad for the MUCH NEEDED rain. This has been such a dry year. Thank you Lord for the rain!

I have offically stepped into my roll as Chamber President. We have already had our first Board meeting and our first monthly Luncheon. We have a meeting today to take care of some business that cannot wait until next month.

I really do hope to make a difference in things this year. I have other things that I want to see "come to pass" which I will keep you informed about.

Everything is going good at the "home-front." The wife is staying busy with school and volleyball and I stay busy with work and chamber stuff. We still have to pencil each other in to spend time with one another but usually if we are at home we end up staying home and falling asleep at 7:30pm because we are too tired to do anything else because of staying busy. (we are so old!)ha!

The Explorer is still running great since a new engine was put in it. Still makes me sick when I think about it but what can you do now? What I would like, vehicle wise, right now is this:




I would sell the Kia, let the wife drive the Explorer and me drive this. Since I only work a few minutes from home. I have always wanted one. It doesn't have to be in excellent condition but I do want it to run and just need some restoration. My Father-in-law has owned a few and he knows how to work on them. I do not like the new ones.

There is a place close to where my parents live that sale the VW Bugs so next time we go for a visit I am going to swing by there.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I cannot believe you are one to be interested in a VW bug! I love the cars...but never pictured Eric Snyder riding in one. So, as President of the Chamber...what can you do about widening the road on the 31 overpass???? I sat in traffic for 20 minutes this afternoon!

Mom said...

Wait until you have kids. You'll both be home at the same time, but you won't be spending too much time together. And you'll fall asleep early while holding the baby, then fall asleep again later while holding the baby. Then you'll pencil in time with each other, but the baby will be with you.
Oh yes, wait until those kiddos come.
:)
You'll remember all the "free-time" you "used to have" and think 'what in the world did we do all the time before kids'.
;)