Monday, September 24, 2007

What have I been up to?

As always things are going busy.

Chuch has been going really great. We have a full band now and a drummer that plays electric drums. They really are AWESOME!...and he is a great player.

God has been really showing me some things lately and has really been changing me. It's not always easy but it is for the better of course.

My birthday was September 19th. I am 28 years old now. I celebrated by going out to a few places to eat with different friends starting on Tuesday of last week and ended with buying me my birthday present yesterday with the money I received for my birthday. I went and bought two planters from a place in Thorsby. They are very nice and solid concrete, stained a rustic brown color. I have been working on the left side of my yard. It is coming together very nicely. Since we got the second driveway poured and a patio area, I wanted to really do something to that side. A little bit at a time. If you live close by you should come and see it. I should get some mums planted in the pots today so I will take a picture and post on the blog.

There was a wedding at the church this weekend so I spent Friday evening and Saturday there to besure everything ran smoothly. (F.Y.I...I am the wedding coordinator for the church and Jennifer helps me when she does not have volleyball...which is never....but I love her anyway!!!)It was a nice wedding and everything did run smoothly. Then I set the stage back up for Sunday and headed home.

The Calera Chamber of Commerce has really been keeping me busy. We have alot going on during these next few months so I will continue to stay busy. But "busy" is my middle name and I really wouldn't know what to do if I didn't stay busy.

If you live in the area and would like to volunteer your time for the Policeman/Fireman Appreciation Picnic that is coming up in October please contact me. It is for the families of the Calera police and fire ONLY but if you volunteer "you" will of course be able to eat the BBQ served, etc.

The Calera Christmas parade will be Dec. 1st. We also need volunteers for that. I know a couple of people helped with me last year and I hope you will be able to help again. Contact me if so. As a Chamber member the Christmas parade is one of the funtions that is my responsibility.

Our busy season at work is picking up. Alot of people use Seasoning during this Season and that is what we do best. So if I do not post as much that is why. When I leave here I do not normally get on the computer at home; 8 hours a day is enough for me.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm so excited about the parade. I will be able to come this year. I totally understand about the time you are on the computer and posting. Just make sure we hear from you once every week or two (; We miss you guys!