Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday

I think I really like this "4 day" work week. Having Mondays off period is a good thing.

I'm hoping the weather will start cooling off some. I can't stand the heat much longer. I like it where the high is 75 and the low is 65...everyday!!!

This past weekend I got up Saturday morning to go for a bike ride. I walked out on the deck with my cup of coffee and there was a tree that had fallen in the back yard. A BIG tree. When it fell it crushed our storage shed. (I would have posted pictures but the wife had left the camera at school and I wasn't going to wait until she was able to get it and then clean up.) There is still some of the tree in the wooded part of the property but it will get all cleaned up in due time. As the saying goes, "You can't eat an elephant in a day."

I went bike riding after I went and purchased a new shed and after the ride I spent the rest of the day sawing away and dragging to the street.

An Update about riding: I will not be doing the MS ride in Memphis next weekend. The group I was going with changed to the ride taking place in Orange beach at the end of this month and I can't make that one. Along with short notice it is the end of the month and quarter here at work so I know it can't happen. Maybe next time.

I am going to do a 65 mile ride in the morning. We are meeting at 5:30am and then be on the road by 6am. I know, I know...CRAZY!!!!!!!! I do wonder why I do it at times while I am riding but afterwards it is all worth it and it helps me sleep good. (basicly because I am wore-out)

That's about it for now. It is 12:05 this friday afternoon. I am thinking about leaving work early....Hum???? Maybe by 1:30. I would like to cut the grass today and do some things outside and not wait until after I get off to do it.

Until again...

2 comments:

Mom said...

I think pregnant and nursing woman can eat an elephant in a day!

Did you lose anything when they shed got crushed?

Nicole said...

the weather is cooling off here in the carolinas this week. it's only supposed to be 80 by the weekend!