Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reading a book...

...or Getting your Book read!

If the first chapter of a book has not caught captured my undivided attention then chances are I will not finish reading it. It's not to say that it's not a good book, just not the book for me.

But reading a book and "Getting your book read" are two different things. And no, I am not referring to a book that you have written. I am speaking of the daily "living out life" book. All the experiences you go through. Why you do what you do and why you act like you act.

All I can say is there are a lot of reasons (influences) that we have had in our lives that is the result of how we respond to things. But know this one thing, even if the influences came from your Parents, they are not always the right influence. That doesn't mean that your Parents didn't have your best interest at heart, they too, just didn't know better either because it was what they saw.

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G we face in life MUST be taken before our Father in heaven. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-G MUST be sifted and weighed. We MUST start asking, "why do I do this or that a certain way, etc? I can 100% say that if we do this we will find that some changes have to be made and who knows, some spiritial strong holds will be broken as well.

We are to become more like Christ each day! Those of us, who have been saved for many years, and are still drinking the "spirital milk" should be "eating meat!" So, get off the tit (jennifer's favorite word! :o) and start seeking hard after God. For the devil is like a roaring lion, roaming around seeking whom he may devour. Put on the armor of God face each new day ready to WIN this battle and destroy every foot-hold the devil may already have in your life and prevent him from forming any more foot-holds.

As an old song goes:

Shut the door, keep out the devil
Shut the door, keep the devil in the night
Shut the door, keep out the devil
Light a candle, everythings alright

No comments: