Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Life of a Dad

I know, I know! You don't have to say it. I am not doing a good job at keeping the blog updated. But, in my defense, "A Baby Changes Things!" Of course, being introduced to Face Book doesn't help because it is so much easier to go on there post a quote and keep moving on.

But, for my blogger friends I apologize to you. Though you hardly ever comment, I will try and do better at keeping the blog up to date.

My life has been busy. Corban is still growing and still growing fast. He is such a joy and makes me smile and laugh all the time. Even if it is 1:30am and you have to go in his room to put his passy back in his mouth, when he knows you are standing over him he starts smiling and that will "melt you heart!" God, thank you for the blessings that you have given me. Though there have been MANY times that I strayed away and will be more times, I thank you for the blessings that you give me dispite my stupid actions!

City Council is still the same. Nothing has changed and who knows what we are going to do? Campaign again, wait and hope for approval from the Justice Department? All I know is we have spent way TOO much money already and have not gone any further than day one!

Keep us in your prayers. Jennifer lost her job two weeks ago. The school she worked for does not have the enrollment for next year so they had to lay off 3 teachers and she was still one on the last ones to be hired 2 years ago. She is putting in resumes everywhere! I know God will provide because he always does!

This past May 1st I have been at my job for 9 years. How time flies!!! I cannot believe that it has been that long. It has been great though and the company has always been good to me.

This past Sunday was our last Sunday at our church. We just felt that it was time to leave. We do not know where we are to attend but we will be searching, visiting and praying about where to go? It was a hard decision and I will miss a lot of people.

This Thursday we are leaving for a trip up to Pigeon Forge. It will be a nice get away and some family is meeting us up there too. Once you get to the cabin there is NO cell phone service at all. No matter who your carrier is. (we have tried them all). I am looking forward to no phones ringing, no tv. Maybe I will be able to get some rest?

Well, I need to get off this thing. I will post again, I promise!

5 comments:

Myra said...

Eric, It is so hard to believe that Corban is so big. I am sorry Jennifer lost her job and we will pray for God to provide her with an even better place to work. When I left A.C.Legg I had no clue what I was going to do but God has provided for us so wonderfully. I am retiring and I now have the opportunity I have wanted for so long to play with and keep my grandchildren and great grandchildren. When God closed the door at A.C. Legg He opened another here with my family and sometimes I have to pinch myself to be sure it is all real. You and Jennifer are God's children and we know He never fails us. When He closes doors and keep in mind only He can do that He has something better in store for you.
Love you All!

Jeni said...

I understand about facebook. I do fear I've creatd a monster - David never really got into the blog, but he is addicted to facebook now!

Nicole said...

Have a good trip!

Jamie said...

Hey don't sweat not posting as regularly... I've not been so good recently. Trying to get better though! And I think everyone's comment section has been lean, also due to FB!

Nicole said...

I'm praying for your situation... I know God is going to take care of you and your family.

How's the kids butt?